Clerk calls police in front of robber who flees empty-handed | Business
Police said a robber fled a Monona electronics store empty-handed after the clerk called police in front of him.
The Monona Police Department said a man entered the Radio Shack on West Broadway at 10:31 a.m. Wednesday and demanded money.
The clerk refused to hand over cash, according to the report. The clerk picked up the phone to call the police department and the robber fled.
The man was described as black, in his late 20s and 6 feet 3 inches tall, police said. He was wearing black and white tennis shoes, black jeans, a black winter coat and a black stocking cap with a wavy pattern.
Police also shared two images from the store's surveillance camera showing the man entering the store and a side profile inside the store.
Anyone with information about the attempted robbery is asked to call the Monona Police Department at 608-222-0463; Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014; or text a tip to "MONONA" and TIP411.
Upcoming Events near Monona / Cottage Grove
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits