Monona wins DNR recycling award | Community Spirit
The city of Monona was awarded a 2012 Recycling Excellence Award from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, according to a release.
Monona won the Lowest Collection Cost per Capita Award, which is given to the community that has the lowest cost of recycling per person in the South Central Wisconsin region, officials said. The community was also part of a pilot program designed to increase interest in recycling.
The goal of the award is to encourage and reward communities for doing great recycling work while also driving friendly competition to improve their programs, according to the release.
Upcoming Events near Monona / Cottage Grove
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits