Police: Drunken man displays gun, arrested | Crime
Police said a man was arrested on suspicion of carrying a concealed weapon while intoxicated in the village of Cottage Grove this weekend.
Cottage Grove police said officers responded 911 hang up call in the 500 block of Ollie Street on Sunday at 4:53 p.m.
Police said Gregory Milbradt, 22, of Cottage Grove, was agitated about a fight he was involved in at a party Saturday.
Milbradt told police he was going to shoot a man but refused to identify the person. Police said he refused to provide any specifics.
About a half-hour later, police were called back to the same area for a report of man walking down the street displaying a gun, according to the department. Milbradt was found at home and taken into custody without incident.
Police said officers recovered a large caliber handgun. Milbradt was taken to the Dane County Jail on suspicion of being armed while intoxicated, carrying a concealed weapon, and disorderly conduct with the use of a weapon.
Police said Milbradt had a reported alcohol concentration of 0.10.
Upcoming Events near Monona / Cottage Grove
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits