Monona Grove rallies, wins Div. 3 title | News
Senior tailback Brock Offerdahl's 1-yard plunge with 53 seconds remaining helped Monona Grove erase a 17-0 deficit to beat Greendale, 21-17, in the WIAA Division 3 championship Friday at Camp Randall.
Monona Grove (14-0) had been scoreless on five trips inside the Greendale 30, turning the ball over four times on down and committing one fumble.
Then the Silver Eagles made a 10-play, 72-yard drive.
Senior quarterback Tyler Blang threw two second-half touchdowns, including a 29-yard pass to Jackson Riley to set up the winning score.
Greendale (13-1) scored a season-low 17 points.
Quarterback Josh Ringleberg completed 18 of 27 passes for 270 yards, including a 97-yard touchdown pass to Nate Miller late in the second quarter. It was the second longest play in the WIAA finals.
Upcoming Events near Monona / Cottage Grove
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits