Officials declare citywide snow emergency | News
Officials said a snow emergency is in effect in Monona Sunday after the Dane County area received several inches of snow overnight.
Police Chief Walter Ostrenga said the snow emergency was in effect through 7 a.m. Monday.
Ostrenga said residents must find off-street parking while the emergency is in effect.
The police department said it would tow vehicles parked on any city streets that obstruct the snow removal operation.
City of Monona Park parking lots may be used to park vehicles until Tuesday morning, police said.
Upcoming Events near Monona / Cottage Grove
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits